Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My Own Personal Freedom

Bike riding has given me so much to be thankful for. I'm usually a very shy, quiet person, never wanting to be noticed, but ever since I got my bike, alot of that has changed. Facing that feeling was a scary thing. I've been afraid all my life, but even more so when I got my bike. The fear was overwhelming, but I knew this is what I wanted and had worked so hard for this. I went through a few embarrassing moments in the beginning, but at this point I feel I have triumphed over such a fear and am not so shy or afraid anymore. This is a fear I have dealt with my whole life. My bike, Cleopatra (a Harley 1200 Nightster), is a Godsend. She is my salvation. Not only has she brought me out of my shell, but also I have met many people who actually respect me for riding and having my own bike. That feeling is tremendous to me. I never had any kind of validation before. The absolute best feeling is taking off on Cleopatra and going anywhere I want. The freedom is beyond words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home