Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Back in DAGO

I'm back in San Diego after a whirlwind of a trip to NYC. It was non stop action. The shoot went pretty well considering the rain and cold weather. I not only learned alot, but met some interesting people. Long cold days, just as I expected, but I loved every minute of it! I also have a audition tomorrow in LA for a big fashion/beauty show coming up in February. Wish me luck! Between the shoot, visiting my sister, and my mom, I actually got to go to Brooklyn Harley. That's the one thing I was determined to do. As it turns out, in typical Brooklyn fashion, there must have been 5-10 detours due to construction just to get to the friggin place. But it was worth it! I got my BH t-shirt.

Wow - NYC really has changed alot since I was last there. It seemed like there were many more people in the street and on the road. More construction and more expensive specialty shops. There were also the die-hard crazies roaming around. As well as some die-hard crazy bikers as well, riding like the wind in 30 degree temps. Yikes! I got stiff just looking at them.

I'm so glad to be back. I'll always be a Brooklyn-ite, but San Diego is now my home. Especially in winter. Can't wait to ride this weekend!

Love to all.

4 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2008 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Your title made me laugh. "Back in DAGO". LOL! Especially since you're Italian.

    Glad you had a good trip and the gig was worthwhile. Any pictures?

    Missed ya. Glad you're back. ;)

     
  • At December 20, 2008 at 8:25 AM , Blogger B.B. said...

    Sounds like a good trip. I'm glad you made it home safely.
    I'll second Dean....Any pictures?

     
  • At December 25, 2008 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

    I love NY and am happy you got to go back and visit... even though it was work. Good luck on the audition and let us know how it went! How exciting for you!
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

     
  • At January 1, 2009 at 11:26 AM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    I guess I get to be the first one to wish you a Happy New Year!

    Have been spending time catching up on some blogs and I see you've been busy! Really cool that you got to meet KT. If she's even half as cool in person as she seems to be in writing, I'm sure that was a blast!

    I hope all's well with you and I also hope your husband is doing better. Best of luck to you in 2009 at work and at play!

    Working in the film industry must be very exciting! I have to admit though, when I see them filming sometimes in Boston in winter, you can always tell most of the crew is from Cali. On a 40 degree day they're dressed like it's below 20 with a wind chill! I guess there's something to be said for "winter blood!"

    Take care & g.l. on ur interview!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home