Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Dead Sea Lives


In the Bible, the Dead Sea is known as the “Eastern Sea” or the “Sea of the Arava”. The ancient Greeks and Romans called it the “Clay Sea”, due to the patches of clay, or asphalt floating on its surface. Later on, since life in this body of water was deemed impossible, it was dubbed the “Dead Sea”.

The water’s tranquility, makes floating natural and effortless and instills a sense of peace. The natural healing waters along the coast are rich in minerals and natural heat. They are the ideal foundation for health.

I can't help but wonder what a great escape this must be.

Escapism. An alternative reality. A diversion that removes one from everyday rigors. This is why I ride. It's my diversion. It's also my reality.

I believe we all need to escape, some of us more than others. Or maybe it's this need to be our true selves, belonging to oneself, to live our own reality and be who we really are. For some, that's the real escape.

Peace.

Mimi

1 Comments:

  • At April 3, 2008 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Escaping to reality. I hear ya.
    I don't think that I really knew who I was until I started riding. I think that until that point I was living my life for other people, for who I thought I "should" be and for who others thought I "should" be. Through riding, I've come to realize who I really am and I'm becoming more comfortable with that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home