Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Night, Santa Ana Winds

Here it is, Sunday night already. This weekend was warm and perfect for riding. Just needed a sweatshirt really. Cleopatra and I rode the highways, backroads, then joined another couple of riders back to the main drag. It seemed everyone who owns a bike here was out riding yesterday and today.

Today I rode down to the beach. There's a local bar there where lots of bikes are usually parked out front. It's always great to see familiar faces, watch the game (we won!) and catch up. I don't drink, but this beach bar is a great place to hang and see what's going on in the bike community. The music is good and the sodas are cheap.

As I rode back home, I could see the sun starting to set in my rearview mirror, all orange and red. The blue sky was getting deeper. This earth is so beautiful. Sometimes I'll wish I was around in another time, when most of the planet wasn't so industrialized. But being a woman, way back when, I wouldn't have this great opportunity to feel this wind on my face, on my own bike, being my wandering self and coming and going as I please. These are good days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home