Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Elevation, Appreciation

What a super deluxe weekend I'm still having! Well, technically, I'm back at work, but my spirit is still so elevated.

My ride up to Malibu was one of the best rides I've had in a while. The weather was HOT. I think everyone that has a bike was out riding. The air was so warm and silky against me. I love it when I can wear just a t-shirt and no jacket. Just a 50 SPF on my tats! I met up with some good old friends and some new. I really don't have much of a "blood" family left, (just my best friend sista!) but my bika friends make me feel at home. I guess I don't have to explain it, ya know?

Cleopatra seemed to know where to go most of the day. It was kinda strange, but I was feeling so serene, that it just felt like she was leading the way. I mean, I was in control, but... she - well, she really is like her name at times.

I even got a make-up artist job this coming Sunday through someone I met a while back. She is a fellow rider and hairstylist extraordinaire! I am so thankful for this opportunity. It's for a homeless and battered women's shelter. We're helping them get "made-up" and ready to go out and get a job. Make-up, hair, wardrobe, resume building, and a photography session is in store for these brave women ready to make a huge step in their lives. They're the real heroes. It's so easy to get lost in this broken world we live in. I know I will give each and everyone I meet a big hug! And hope they feel good about their new look.

Well my lovies, I hope you're having a fantastic day and hugs to you all!

Peace.

1 Comments:

  • At April 30, 2008 at 3:09 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Congratulations on the make-up gig! And for such a worthy cause.
    I know from my time spent in law-enforcement that a lot of these women have self-esteem issues and I know that you'll make each of them feel beautiful and special.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home