Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Monday, April 21, 2008

My Dearest Fuzzy

My dear cat, Fuzzy, is in his last stages of life. I don't know if I can deal with this. Fuzzy has been with me the past 17 years. He's been through all my ups and downs; all the apartments, my emotions, travels, driving cross country with me, oh, and all the boyfriends. When Fuzzy didn't like a guy, he let me know. He'd just stare at him, then hiss. He has this look of total frustration and disgust sometimes. I call it the look of death. He even was there when I got my first motorcycle! When he first saw the bike, he hung with me in the garage, sniffing, prodding and sniffing some more. Then going back inside. I guess it got his approval.

My Fuzzy always sleeps right next to me, under my chin. I feel his breath on my shoulder and his warm little body. At times he moves up on top of my head and licks my hair. Lately, though, he's so tired and old, he can't even jump on the bed, even with the stool I put there.

The last day or so has been so difficult for him. He has trouble moving his back legs and literally just drags himself. I feed him in my lap, because he can't stand up long enough in front of his bowl. I feel his pain.

This is so sad. Some folks would say to put him down, but I have a hard time comprehending euthanization.

For now, I feel his little breath against me until Jesus takes him. I just want to embrace him.

Peace and Love to all.

3 Comments:

  • At April 21, 2008 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Ronman said...

    Hang in there Mimi. We are all here for you and Fuzzy.

    Ronman

     
  • At April 21, 2008 at 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Poor kitty. Poor you.

     
  • At April 22, 2008 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    I'm so sorry to hear about the difficult time that you and Fuzzy are going through. For those of us who love animals,it's extremely hard to sit by and watch them struggle and not being able to do anything about it. We take them into life and into our heart just like any other beloved family member so when they hurt, we hurt also.
    I've lost a couple of fuzzy friends over the years. I had a cat once who was physically going downhill fast but he was a fireball who fought up to his last breath. Whereas, I had a dog earlier in my life who was a sweet gentle giant and ended up developing hip problems. I knew though by looking in her eyes that she was telling me that she was ready to go. So I laid her to rest. No matter what, it's never easy.
    I feel your pain. My heart goes out to you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home