Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Monday, January 12, 2009

Whew!

What a weekend. It started early Sat. morning. I rode over to San Diego Harley to finally get my highway pegs put on. (A Christmas gift from the MAXman!) I ordered them over two weeks ago, so I was extremely happy to hear they were in. While waiting, I caught up with some of the folks there and before I knew it, they were on my beloved Cleopatra. The pegs are black, but the mounts are chrome. The chrome looks good with the spokes, but I may end up coated them black. Ah decisions..

Monetta met me up there and we cruised over to Ramona. Nice ride, but getting windy so we stopped for lunch and headed back. It was really picking up by mid afternoon.

I put Cleopatra in her place in the garage and called it a day.

Now here comes the really good stuff - Got up early again on Sunday and met KT and company at the Easy Rider Bike Show in Pomona. I left later than I wanted to but zipped up there in less than 2 hours. Well, the wind at this point was so bad that my semi full face helmet (that's usually a little tight)was almost flying off my head. My bike was shifting a little but I managed to kept her in line.

When I got there I called KT and we met up inside the show. Some of the bikes were outrageous and some to me were total showpieces! It's amazing how inventive some builders get. Let's just say the "Barbie Bike", with a compartment for a hairbrush and make-up was right up my ally. My camera screwed up so my pictures did not come out so great, but I'll post anyway in "part 2" of this blog. I'm sure KT will have some on hers. Jasmine Cain was the entertainment and she was ass-kickin'! I never heard her band before and I'm now a fan! The delivery of her voice is amazing. I also saw Betsy Hueslkamp again, looking beautiful, and met CC, who as you know from KT's blog, is recovering from cancer. She is one of the most amazing women who has such a great outlook on life. She's very admirable. KT, again, introduced me to some very cool folks, who treated me like an old friend.

We grabbed a quickie meal (thank you KT for fries and soda!) and we all took off for home.

The wind wasn't as ferocious as getting there and I made it home in a little over an hour. When I got home, my precious MAX had dinner waiting for me and my baby Paulie was so excited, his welcome nearly knocked me over!

All in all, it was a great weekend with friends, bikes and good spirits! I will share photos once I download - later at home.

Love to all,
Mimi

7 Comments:

  • At January 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM , Blogger B.B. said...

    Sounds like a great weekend. I can't wait to see the pics!

     
  • At January 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    would love to see a pic of the bike with the new equipment. I've contemplated adding them to my bike but not sure..

     
  • At January 13, 2009 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    "Barbie Bike"?!?! I love it! Too funny!

    Sounds like a good time. Can't wait to get on the road again! Thanx for taking me along.

     
  • At January 14, 2009 at 1:37 PM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    You and I both share long legs, so I bet you love your new highway pegs as much as I loved mine when I first got 'em. Having another place to put your feet makes a huge difference in comfort and reducing rider fatigue I think. Looking forward to seeing pics.

    Cool you hooked up w/KT. I bet she's a hoot to hang out with (not that you wouldn't be too of course) and since I can't ride in the snow, I can live vicariously through you.

    Re: Jasmine Cain. You should go to Stephanie's blog (Iowa Harley Girl) and peruse her posts from the summer. Steph's a HUGE fan of Jasmine Cain, met her while in Sturgis, and interviewed her. She has her music vids up too. You should check it out!

    Ride Safe...

     
  • At January 22, 2009 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

    Hey Girl!! I am just catching up and still have to upload all the pics I took of the show. You in particular with the Barbie Bike!! It was great meeting up with you again and I look forward to many many rides with you in the future! I will be posting in the next day or two... I know... I know a couple of weeks late... but... ughghghghg...

     
  • At January 24, 2009 at 8:22 PM , Blogger IHG said...

    I see that Joker beat me to the Jasmine Cain fan stuff! SHE IS AWESOME and sooooooooo freaking cool! I heard she played the Viper Room again while she was out there. I think I'm going to get to see her in March during bike week in Daytona!

    Sounds like you had a blast at Easy Rider....I went to the one when it was in KC a few years ago but it hasn't been back there since. Kinda Bummed!

    Glad you are doing well!!!

     
  • At January 25, 2009 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Hey! Who are those hot biker babes in the last photo?!?

    http://www.womenridersnow.com/PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=8

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home