Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Friday, February 13, 2009

Sandals Made Especially for Bikers



Sometimes when browing the web, I'll google "motorcycle news" just to see what's going on. I discovered this article about sandals for bikers. Personally, I would never consider wearing sandals while riding.

Last year the company Bata launched their exclusive ‘Motor Sandal’ in Bangladesh. Now it's hit the States. “The sandal has been specifically designed to protect their feet while riding bikes,” said Bata’s Bangladesh marketing manager.

Motor Sandal features a fiberglass reinforced sole, gear shifter protector, heat resistant rubber, toe bumper and fluorescent rear strap.

I guess Bata didn't think of protecting your ankle, foot and our toe-zees while they were developing this. Just seems a little strange...Yikes!

8 Comments:

  • At February 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Looks like it would be OK as long as you don't need actual protection for your ankles or toes. (He said sarcastically.)

     
  • At February 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    Yikes is right!

    My right ankle is still a mess from my crack-up. The paramedic told me in the ambulance on the way to the ER that had I not been wearing heavy Engineer's boots, it may have been partially or totally amputated in the crash. I do believe in 'to each his/her own' but whoever buys these things to me fits more under, "a fool and his/her money, are soon parted."

     
  • At February 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Webster World said...

    Yea putting those on to ride a bike with peddles would be stupid.

     
  • At February 13, 2009 at 9:46 PM , Blogger IHG said...

    I love my boots just because I think of safety when I'm on our bike. They are cool though.

     
  • At February 17, 2009 at 3:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree with you Mimi. I ride in Texas and despite the heat down here I do not think they offer enough foot protection. They for sure have absolutely no support. One day on my way back from lunch to work I saw someone actually riding a sport bike wearing flip flops. I guess that goes to show you that there is a market for them. Myself, I value my feet too much.

    Ride on,
    Torch

     
  • At February 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

    I think I'd get a blister on my big toe. Fingerless gloves give me blisters, but... we have seen this many times in Southern California--haven't we Mimi! Not me... I need my feet.

     
  • At March 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM , Blogger IHG said...

    Hi Mimi...missing you! Hope all is ok there in Cali!

     
  • At June 14, 2009 at 3:36 AM , Blogger Rob said...

    It's all fun and games until a large dung beatle hits your toe at 80 miles per hour. That could cause some sort of contusion....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home