Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Go Lightly

Last night I was so filled with emotion, revealing such deep and dark questions to God. It was the whole death thing. Why, where, what's going on? Watching my poor Fuzzy. Why can't he stay forever. I have such a hard time with losing someone.

These days it seems we live longer but die slower. I got to think about all the people I've known and how there not here anymore. I mean, why leave the body? Is it like putting away the winter stuff, not needing it anymore? Why don't we last forever? Our bodies - born to grow, but then we regress back into a helpless infant.

How is it that the one event we know with absolute certainty will occur is still one we dance around? Most of us have a pretty good idea about how we want to die: at home, at peace, quickly, with family, without pain. And at a ripe old age.

I still look at death as not being pretty. My generation is now into its middle ages. I also found out a couple of weeks ago that my high school bully just passed on. I've forgotten alot about her disposition, but I still remember certain things. Like for some reason, when I want to re-act to someone who’s been hateful, I kind of turn into her. I wonder if she knew she had that effect. But I refuse to give her the benefit. That's my prerogative.

I cried last night for my Fuzz. I’m crying as I write this. Let Fuzzy go lightly at home, at peace, quickly, with family, without pain. And at a ripe old age.

I love you my little FuzzWuzz.

5 Comments:

  • At April 30, 2008 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    I think of you often
    and make no outward show,
    But what it means to lose you,
    no one will ever know
    You wished no one farewell,
    not even said good-bye,
    You were gone before I knew it,
    and only God knows why.
    You are not forgotten
    nor will you ever be,
    As long as life and memories last,
    I will remember thee.
    To some you may be forgotten,
    to others a part of the past,
    But to me who loved you dearly,
    your memories will always last.
    Nothing can be more beautiful
    than the memories I have of you.
    To me, you were someone special,
    God must have thought so too!
    If tears could build a staircase
    and memories a lane,
    I would walk all the way to Heaven,
    and bring you back again.

     
  • At April 30, 2008 at 6:05 PM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    Have you ever seen The Green Mile? If you haven't I highly recommend it. Among other things, it presents a unique perspective on what it would be like to live a very, very long time.

     
  • At May 1, 2008 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

    Thank you both.

    Dean-That poem is beautiful and has found a place in my home!

    Joker-I just Googled "The Green Mile" and read about it on Wikipedia. I'm sure it's been on the tube, but I'm gonna rent it. Thanks for the recommendation.

     
  • At May 1, 2008 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Seriously, you haven't seen The Green Mile?! You gotta rent it sweetie. Good movie!

     
  • At May 1, 2008 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

    Seriously. I haven't. I'm probably one of the few that has yet to see it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home