Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Grace. Why can't it always be like this?

I love that word. I'm so fulled with grace today and am so thankful. I just took a long ride on this foggy, damp California morning. They call it June gloom. But not for me.

I stayed off the highways during this rush hour, except for a few northern roads that all seem to head toward LA. You just gotta side ride that LA crowd. It's crazy. I discovered this great coffee shop called Cafe de Lune, or something like that. Great vanilla lattes (my favorite!) I really didn't need that extra shot this morning, but what the hell, Cleopatra gave that look from the curb, like let's get going lady, you DO need it. Off we went.

Then the drizzle came. Not too bad, but I don't wear a full face helmet, so I'm sure you know what that's all about. The faster you go, the harder it feels.

Anyway, I'm home now. I hope it stays cloudy. It's just one of those days, ya know?

Peace friends. :~)

6 Comments:

  • At June 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Glad you were able to get out this morning.
    Clouds and drizzling...
    Sounds like one of those days that's good for curling up on the couch and watching old movies.

     
  • At June 5, 2008 at 6:28 AM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    Yeah, we've got the June gloom here today too. It's barely supposed to get into the 60s today, yet they're talking 90s for the weekend into Monday. I've got two big rides this weekend, so I'm going to be baking. Crazy.

    At least you got to ride. I wear a half-shell. The rain stings, don't it?

     
  • At June 5, 2008 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

    My brothers:

    Dean - that's exactly what I did. They were having a Sophia Loren day on the classic movie channel. As a fellow italian, I SOOO appreciate her italian drama!

    Joker - Yeah, the rain sucks. I wear a half-shell too. It's the only way to travel. Hope it's not too hot this weekend for you. Can't wait to hear about your rides!

     
  • At June 6, 2008 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Oh that's right! You are Italian. (You don't look very Italian.)

    I love Sophia Loren. She's one of those classic timeless beauties. She always acts with such a firey dramatic flare too!

     
  • At June 8, 2008 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Ronman said...

    I too wear a half shell but I take along a face shield for those pesky rain showers. Any day is a great day to ride. Or as I like to say "It never gets too cold but it can get too slick to ride"

    Ronman

     
  • At June 10, 2008 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

    Ronman, that's a good idea. You'd think with all the makeup I pack on, I'd want to cover my face. But, nah, I like the wind too much!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home