Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Monday, June 30, 2008

Sassafras in the Wallet

OK, desperate times call for desperate measures. Right? I've been working two jobs, sometimes three, and at this pace, not much time for riding. How is it that I can barely make ends meet. I don't buy anything but food, and my meager necessities. I make sure my bills are paid on time. There's nothing to save and I usually think twice about buying a magazine or worse a new lipstick! But I get a bunch of that stuff while working.

I started reading about spells, Wicca, a religion, well, Witchcraft.

Here's the deal. Supposedly if you put some sassafras herb in your wallet or purse and you will have continuous money. You won't win the lotto, but you won't be broke either. I started this last week and have been on a roll.

As I started paying my bills this morning, I either noticed 0.00 in the "amt. due" or not as much as I thought I owed. In the past couple of days, I found, yes found a $20.00 bill on the street. And then I won the $75.00 raffle at the recent ABATE meeting. Then, the coup de gras my stimulus check arrived in my account today!

Coincidence? I don't know. Mmmm.

9 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2008 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Ann said...

    There is now sassafras in my wallet! Let's hope it works!

     
  • At June 30, 2008 at 6:19 PM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    I gotta get me some of that stuff!

    But...where in hell does one get sassafras? I don't even know what it is!

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Sorry ladies, I'd chalk this up to coincidence. No amount of "hocus pocus" is going to put money in your wallet.

    It's kind of like reading your horoscope in the morning. Your subconscious works on it and actively looks for things to make it true. Same holds true with all Wicca experiences I've had.

    I'm not trying to rain on your parade. It's just my level-headed nature trying to tell you to enjoy your string of good luck!

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

    Ann-I hope it works for you too!

    Joker-Any herb or natural food store will carry it.

    Dean-Sometimes you've got to go with the spirits! It's things like this that brings me some kind of hope. Weird, I know, though I do appreciate your sensible outlook. :~)

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Ann said...

    Dean: you TOTALLY rained on my parade! :)

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Mr. Motorcycle said...

    O.K. I'm not supersticious (much) but what the hell is sassafras, and where do I get it?

    Dean, I agree with you but like knocking on wood, it doesn't hurt either.

    Dean, level headed????? which head, the one in the middle of your picture I hope!

     
  • At July 2, 2008 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Ann-
    Sorry, I guess that I'm too traditional in my beliefs to buy into it.

    Mark-
    THERE YA GO AGAIN! Rankin' on my picture! If you come to Milwaukee sometime, I can introduce you to my friends in the picture.

     
  • At July 3, 2008 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Mr. Motorcycle said...

    Dean, That sounds exciting!!!! I've never seen a real live dungeon before!

     
  • At July 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM , Blogger IHG said...

    Ok...I need to find me some sassafras! I'm up for anything to add a little green to my wallet!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home