Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Monday, June 16, 2008

Wild Cats and Winding Roads

This past Saturday, my friend Monetta and I broke in her new Harley 1200L Sportster. It fits her like a glove and it's her first REAL bike. By that I mean she grew up riding dirt bikes with her brother, but never had a cruising bike. Every time I looked over at her she had this wide grin on her face, like I HAVE ARRIVED, this is it! We must have hit every road in San Diego and beyond! The weather was dry and hot. No jackets required. We made a few pit stops, first was The Roadhouse. Biker bar and restaurant well know to the locals. I had my usual greasy fries and a diet coke, while Monetta, very health oriented had her salad (dressing on the side) and water. I usually try to eat pretty well, but hey, I don't drink or do drugs so, whatever...

On our way we rode through some very winding roads and tight turns. But we took it slow. One thing I've learned is to know your limitations. I've seen some folks fly through such roads and I've got to wonder. Oh well, I guess they know what they're doing. I'm just glad I'm not on the back.

When we got closer to civilization, we stopped at another shack of a place. There was really no name to it but we saw bikes out front. We stopped in for a quickie diet coke and left. We were the only females in the joint. So, we decided to ride down to the beach and feel some cooler air. We hung out there a while and just people watched. Kids really are a blast. They're so uninhibited.

Well, the day was coming to a close and we both had to get back home. This day had everything I love. Feeling wild and moving with the curves.

I'm so glad Monetta got herself a bike. It's gonna be a great summer!

Ride safe friends~

xo

3 Comments:

  • At June 16, 2008 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    Glad to hear Monetta made the next step. You ladies have fun!
    (Call me strange but I find it "a bit exciting" when I see women rolling on their own Harley.)

     
  • At June 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    I'm with Dean; I'm all for ladies riding up front.

    Even though the first HD I ever rode was a Dyna, the first "REAL" bike I've owned is my XL 1200C. Next year I'm very likely to trade up to a FLHX or a Road King, but I'll never forget my days on the Sporty.

    Ride Safe...

     
  • At June 18, 2008 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Lady R (Di) said...

    Hi Mimi! It's always nice to have a friend to ride with. I'm glad Monetta has got herself some wheels. Now you two can make your own club. LOL! That's what I say about my hubby and me. We ride together all the time and it's nice to just decide and go, and not have to get a bunch of folks organized. Have fun this summer. Looking forward to some good posts! Ride on and ride safe!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home