Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm Back

Hey all,

Thanks to those of you who've emailed me regarding my disappearance. Right after I finished my last blog on Friday the 13th, I was called into my boss's office with a few other gals and we were told, due to the economy, our services were no longer needed. Since my position was contractual, getting unemployment is not happening like I thought it would.

The past month has been quite a struggle to get any kind of work. However I did manage to get something in a place called the Beauty Bar:

check it out: www.beautybar.com

I've always had my eye on this place, but never got the chance to go in. So, while pounding the pavement, I wandered through that decrepid (sp) door. It's a cool little place. Their mantra is "martinis and manicures". I do the manicure part with other manicurists. I also get a chance to promote my make-up biz. AND, since this place was previously a "biker bar", there's bike parking out front! I must admit things are getting pretty cool. I like this new adventure and have already bonded with some great folks.

Well, that's about it for now. My next blog will be about a long overdue ride I'm taking this weekend!

Peace friends~

9 Comments:

  • At March 26, 2009 at 4:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry to hear about the forced change. You are not alone. That seems to be a frequent topic around the boards and forums. I hope this new gig turns out good for you. Keep your chin up and hang in there. I can't wait to read about that long overdue ride. Keep the shiny side up.

    Ride on,
    Torch

     
  • At March 26, 2009 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    So sorry to hear about your employment problems. Seems to be a lot of that going around these days. Hopefully it's just to make room for the next great leg of your life. Glad your back. We missed you!

     
  • At March 26, 2009 at 6:41 AM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    Sorry to hear about the lay off, but I'm really happy to hear about the beauty bar! That sounds really cool. As a man I can't say I get super excited about manicures, but I do love a good dirty martini!

    From what I've been hearing from others I know who have been let go, you've done really well finding something so fast. Even if the $$ isn't quite there, for now if it's a cool place and you like what you're doing, good for you.

    Ride your bike to work, make some new friends, earn some cash, have a martini...it's all good! Welcome back.

     
  • At March 26, 2009 at 10:17 AM , Blogger B.B. said...

    I've been thinking about you, sorry you were let go, but the new place sounds really cool!

     
  • At March 27, 2009 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Baron's Life said...

    Sorry to hear about the employment termination...but glad you bounced back up on your feet...let's get that ride story going...

     
  • At March 29, 2009 at 4:06 AM , Blogger IHG said...

    I'm so glad that you are back. I've been wondering how you are doing! I'm really sorry about your job. I'm glad you did find something else though. The Beauty Bar site is soooooooo cool! I'll have to pass it on to my friend who owns her own salon. She'll dig it! :) Too bad you don't live in Iowa...you would fit in with her and her girls so well...she's a biker chick too!

    Look forward to hearing about your new adventures this year on your scoot! Big Hugs!

     
  • At March 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

    Glad you found some work and in a very cool place to top it off. I always say there is a reason for things. You found it. I look forward to you being the next "Kat Von D" of biker beauty!

     
  • At May 16, 2009 at 6:11 AM , Blogger IHG said...

    Mimi...you were back and then you left again!! Hope things are well!!!

     
  • At May 22, 2009 at 9:43 AM , Blogger B.B. said...

    I'm with Steph, You're back...you're gone, where are you? Hopefully you are enjoying life too much to write about it right now. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home