Mimi's Motorcycle Journal

Wandering Thoughts from a Moto Make Up Artista

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Life is Mine

The past couple of months I've been zigzagging through numerous challenges. Various jobs, people and places in my mind I never thought I'd go to. And sometimes at a 100 miles an hour.

Since I last blogged, Max and I split and I've been laid off twice due to the economy. I've now taken a paralegal job. Maybe this one will last a while. I've jumped into a new life for myself. All I can say, it's surprising what you can do when you have to. I guess we all have different challenges - to get to what's right for us. I don't know...

Cleopatra and I have been clocking many miles. I especially love this time of year to ride in CA. Definately leather weather!

I know I have alot of catching up to do with you all. I hope everyone has been having an awesome time and had a great summer.

xoxo

I tremble, they’re gonna eat me alive
If I stumble, they’re gonna eat me alive
Can you hear my heart beating like a hammer
Beating like a hammer
Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer
Hard to be soft, tough to be tender
Come take my pulse, the pace is on a runaway train
Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer
Beating like a hammer
If you’re still I’m alive (?)
My regrets are fewIf my life is mine
What shouldn’t I do?
I get wherever I’m going. I get whatever I need
While my blood’s still flowing
And my heart’s still beating like a hammer

10 Comments:

  • At October 26, 2009 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Webster World said...

    Deep breaths. Life aways gets better. There is aways tomorrow. When shit happens it helps when I go "ah fuck it". Take a deep breath and move on. Your pretty little heart will slow down soon. It will. Hang with family and freinds. Pray too.

     
  • At October 26, 2009 at 7:12 AM , Blogger "Joker" said...

    My wife and I split back in June, so I have an idea what you're going through. I'm glad you got yourself a new job, and it sounds like the type of job that'll be easier to keep for the long term.

    It's not easy to reclaim your life, but I definitely understand the mindset of deciding that's exactly what you're going to do, no matter what.

    From one reinvention to another, I wish you the best.

     
  • At October 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Blogger B.B. said...

    It's so good to see a post from you! I'm sorry for the split and for the jobs situations, but it sounds like you're coming out of it okay!

     
  • At October 27, 2009 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Dean "D-Day" said...

    We could compare notes. Losing jobs and splitting up seems to be going around. Filed for divorce in July and lost my job in August.

    It's so good to hear from you. I was just about to send out the National Guard.

    So sorry to hear about the upheaval in your life this summer but glad to hear that it sounds like you're handling it well. I wish you all my best and will keep you in my prayers.

     
  • At November 4, 2009 at 12:42 PM , Blogger RazorsEdge2112 said...

    Maybe we need to have a 'Single Motorcycle Blogger' get together. LOL

    Wishing you well, Mimi and thanks for letting us know you are still around and hadn't forgotten us. :-P

     
  • At December 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

    Hey Mimi! Missed you and I know you will survive. Paralegal job aint so bad... I did it for almost 30 years...it gave me a good paycheck. Sorry about the husband, but life changes and you need to roll with the changes as they say. Hope to see you soon and ride with you. Happy New Year to you my friend.

     
  • At January 16, 2010 at 4:00 PM , Blogger IHG said...

    Mimi...I miss ya girl!

     
  • At January 20, 2010 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Webster World said...

    Where are you???

     
  • At May 19, 2010 at 4:38 AM , Blogger Ron-Ron said...

    God have always plans for us!!

    pls visit my blog at

    http://thiswordz.blogspot.com

     
  • At July 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Cynthia Q. said...

    Hi! Hope life is going well for you on the road and otherwise :) Nice blog! best wishes :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home